We got the confirmation on Wednesday (or was it Tuesday? lol). He will have to go into the company's office for a while right at first but after getting up to speed he'll be working from home!!!! I'm SO excited! He's been feeling restless and like change was coming for a while. And I've been praying for a while now for him to have a work-from-home job. Ta-da!!!!
This will free him up to do a little more freelance work. It will also free me up to do more midwifery. I will be able to go to appointments without children and when it's time to go to births, I won't have to stress about finding a sitter and/or him missing work.
We're also excited because hopefully in the next year we would like to put our house up for sale. Both of us have a desire to move outside Tulsa but still be close enough to Tulsa so that getting into town isn't a hassle. We want to have some acreage, eventually a small separate building for him to have a studio, eventually we'd like to be off the grid, have some chickens, etc. Really the only way for it to work well to live that far out is for him to work from home, due to the daily commute we'd have to make every day. So again...Ta-da!!! This job would allow that to happen!!
Another sweet baby arrived this week. :) We're waiting on another September client to have her baby and then we'll have a break until the middle of November!
School is going well. We're not getting as much done as I had hoped but I think we'll get there. I'm having a hard time getting into a groove for putting library books on hold! I also want to do some more things with Matthew and I'm having a hard time finding the time to do it!! I'm hoping that this job change will help us get into a better morning routine so we get started on time.
No comments:
Post a Comment