My client had a wonderful and quick delivery! After a summer of crazy-weird births, last night was quite refreshing!! We really needed a normal, smooth, uncomplicated birth to end our Summer of births. She labored amazingly considering it was fairly quick birth (people always think those are the best...get it over with quickly...but honestly, speaking from experience, the fast births are tough!). I almost ended up catching with just our assistant there. But after these last few births, I needed my partner there. So I didn't keep my client from pushing but I didn't encourage it either. ;)
She was pushing and I thought she wanted to get back in the tub to birth there. I ran to get our fish net and in that short amount of time to just go around the corner I heard, "Heather!!! HEAD!!!" I walked back in there and the baby's head was almost crowning! I started to put on sterile gloves but couldn't get them on in time (they are too small for me) so I just grabbed some out of the drawer. About three pushes later baby arrived. :)
So now we have a break until November. Then the Baby Storm arrives. lol We have four clients due in November, three of them right around Thanksgiving.
Tomorrow is my sweet boy's 4th birthday!! I'll have to try and find his birth story to post along with the pictures I have from his birth. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment