Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Kleenex anyone??

I'm fighting off a cold. Do you think Apple Jacks cancel out the effectiveness of EmergenC??

I took the kids to Wild Oats today. Haven't been over there since they expanded. Very nice!! Some day I will have the budget to shop there for the majority of my groceries instead of the evil WalMart empire. For now I buy what I can to keep my family healthy.

Since they are having a sale on herbal and vitamins and the fact that I don't have time to be sick, I went to stock up on EmergenC. Of course that's all I went in there for and came out with $60 worth of stuff. But I saved $15!!! I told the girls they aren't allowed to get sick now. In the store they told me they would drink any flavor EmergenC other than Strawberry (yes I know, it's logical that children would like a strawberry flavored drink....not mine). So they got tropical. They had better like it (update: they love it...begging for their own cups YAY!). I also ended up with some homeopathic cold medicine, crackers for Matthew, yogurt, organic shampoo for Matthew and Gracie, and organic soda for the girls to have with lunch (that's always the highlight of a Wild Oats trip...a can of soda). I found some awesome organic/paraben-free peppermint lotion but it wasn't on sale and they didn't have any other than the tester. Later I saw a store calendar saying that next week soaps, lotions, etc will be going on sale!!

So I'm sitting here not feeling like moving or starting school chugging some Ruby Lemon Honey EmergenC (got one packet to try...YUM!!!) and eating some Apple Jacks. At least one of those items is healthy.


Our homeschool group meeting last night was very nice. As always, so refreshing!! We met in our teams for the second half which meant I met with my group for the first time. The ladies in my group are great!! I felt like a total scatterbrain though. I wasn't feeling well, wasn't sure what exactly I was supposed to be doing, had so much else on my mind (school stuff...cbe stuff...just a hard day yesterday) and did I mention wasn't sure what to do..?. I hope they didn't think I was a total ditz. Because I sure felt like one.

So I said that yesterday was hard. On top of not feeling well...the morning was sad news after sad news....after sad news. It started with reading the update on little Noah Steven. Then the news that our church's youth pastor and wife lost their surviving twin. They announced Sunday that one had passed away but the other, Gavin, was hanging in there. Little Gavin passed away yesterday. THEN got an update on my last client's baby who still isn't stable enough for surgery and having other issues. So so sad.

I supposed I should go educate my children now. Devotions and History beckons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree that the meeting was great last night as usual. It was so encouraging too! It was good to see you Heather!
~Kim

PS. I am going to go to the Wild Oats Market field trip and will have to look for the Emergen-C. Haven't heard of that one. Does it really taste good?