Sunday, January 7, 2007

Do I really need titles?

In one hour and fourty-five minutes it will be Monday. I would like to go back and start the weekend over please. I need a nap.

In my other online journal I just typed up all the things I need to do tomorrow. I'm worn out just looking at the list. I may have to break out one of my Luna bars and some honey sticks in my doula bag just to make it through the day.


I don't really think I have anything grand to blog about. I'm not witty or full of deep thoughts or ready to post blogs of helpful links or heated discussions on various topics. It's just me and my seemingly boring (unless you see all I have to do tomorrow...LOL) life. Well, how can life with a husband, four kids (three of which are homeschooled), a cat, a dog, being a doula (although no clients right now), a childbirth educator, and midwifery student be boring??? I guess it just seems so repetitive after a while which translates into "B-O-R-I-N-G" in my little head.


On that note....school work is all ready to go. My routine is to sit down on Sunday nights and prepare the lessons. I never plan more than a week in advance. I tried that once. It drove me NUTS. Too much guilt and stress when things didn't go as "planned". So I sit down with each girls' planner (with the exception tonight of Gracie because I need to make copies of hers) and fill it in for the week. After we do Bible Study (which we WILL be starting up again this week), History or Science, and Writing Strands together the girls get out their assignment book and get started.

I also worked a bit on my childbirth class curriculum this afternoon. I got a few things printed out before the printer decided it was time to run out of ink. I knew it was coming. I was just wishing for a few more pages before it fizzled out. Thankfully I will get a 10% discount AND can count it as a tax deduction since it's a business expense. Anyway, I keep going over it all again and again....hoping that I have enough and that it's thorough information. I will feel better once I can print and organize it all. Then I can rearrange, add to, and whatever else needs to be done.

Midwifery studies....what's that? I haven't had time (ok ok..or motivation) in about a week. I got several hours in last weekend. But coming home, unpacking, reorganizing, cleaning, and just recovering from being out of town for five days just took the motivation right out of me. I'll get started back up this week.

I really should get to bed. This time of the day (night...whatever) is hard. I'm tired but the house is so quiet I can get stuff done or have much needed time to myself or with my handsome prince. So I stay up WAY too late.

I guess that's about it for today. See everyone (if anyone is out there) on the flip side.

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

What kind of planner do you use for the girls? I am trying to start the planning at the beginning of the week, too.

I don't think you are boring at all, silly woman! And I, for one, am glad you are back. :-)