Sunday, January 7, 2007

Look...I'm back again today!

I'm sure it's quite a surprise.

Tomorrow we start back up with our school routine. I know my girls are sooooo excited. Eagerly awaiting the moment I say, "Time to do school!" Yes, I'm sure of it.

Just let me live in my dream world just a while longer. Actually I calmed them last week when they were bellyaching about starting school again by saying that they could be in school already since their neighbor friends went back on Wednesday. So let the bellyaching begin!!!!!!!!!!!

To be completely honest, I wish I were better at this whole homeschooling thing. That would probably surprise a lot of people to hear me say that. In my head I have all these grand ideas of what I want to do and how I want to teach. But when it comes to the daily grind of it all I never get any of that accomplished. Everyone else seems so put together and like they are doing a much better job with their kids.

I need to get more diligent about sticking to our daily schedule. I need to work harder at finding the balance in our day between school and play. The girls are used to going off to play together...which is good. I like that time in the morning because they get some of that out of their system and I can do some housework. But we need to shorten that time a little bit so we have more time to get schoolwork done. I just don't feel like we do enough. That I am not doing a good enough job with the classical education path that I chose and know is great for my children.

Ok....enough rambling and whining. I guess a lot of the bellyaching is coming from me! LOL

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

I can totally relate! I need to buckle down and do better too. I used to feel like I had it altogether...then came Kaedy. :-) I don't remember praying for perseverance or patience or anything like that! LOL