Thursday, April 19, 2012

NARM....2012/2013 School Year....Young Living

In that order....

I've started getting my NARM application via the PEP process ready to submit.  It's all pretty much ready to go except for the last couple of births I need signed off on.  The last one will happen in July and my application must be in by September 1.

It's a bit surreal putting all of that together....finally!  Once the portfolio is accepted I'll have to take the skills portion of the test.  That will be done here locally with another midwife.  After that I'll be able to sit for the NARM exam in February 2013.  Then they will send me a letter and certificate saying I am a Certified Professional Midwife.  Positive thinking.....right???  ;) 



I've started looking ahead to next year's curriculum.  Part of that involved reevaluating my oldest daughter's high school curriculum plan.  I decided to change a few things and for now I like the way it's shaping up.  We have all the required units covered except for some electives which will fall into place.  Well, that and she still hasn't decided on a foreign language.

Then I started looking at my second daughter's curriculum needs for next year.  She will be in seventh grade, just two years behind her older sister.  It became apparently pretty quickly that she could easily follow along with her sister which would #1 save time, #2 eliminate the need to repeat the same topics more than necessary and #3 allow her to meet almost all of her high school unit requirements by her sophomore year!!!   Wow!!  

I'm still working on the plan for the youngest two.  So far it's mostly put together except for a science.




For a while now I've been eyeing and wanting to know more about Young Living essential oils.  A Facebook friend has used them for years and I have seen her status updates about the benefits to her family.  I've never known anyone locally who used them to get a hands-on before buying.  Well last week I had that opportunity.  I went to a workshop on the oils.  We got to smell the oils and learn about ALL of the benefits.  I decided to take the leap and get signed up to try the oils.

One of the perks of signing up was getting a complimentary Raindrop Technique massage.  Before talking about that I have to back up and say that on Tuesday I woke up with a sore throat, felt feverish, was slightly congested, and was exhausted!  Wednesday was better but still the sore throat and congestion.  Today was my massage.  Before starting she let me try Breath Again which helped to open up my sinuses.  She also made me a capsule with Longevity, Thieves, and something else that I don't remember.  Then she did my massage.  By the time I left my congestion was gone and my throat didn't hurt one bit!!!!   I have felt great all day.

My oils should arrive tomorrow and I'm so excited!!!!!  I can't wait to add more to my collection!  Since we don't have health insurance I am delighted to have something to turn to for my family's health in prevention and treatment.

If you are interested in knowing more about Young Living oils check out the link above or leave me a comment.  And if you would like to sign up I can give you my member number (you need a referring member number to sign up).  

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm so happy to see that you are so close to the finish line on your journey to become a CPM. :)

Cheryl said...

Hi, I found your blog from Kelly's Korner. I live in SE Oklahoma and am now following your blog. What a neat job you have!

NeeCee said...

I am curious about the oils. Please keep updating while you use them, so I can "see" how they work with you.