Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Little Office Update

The last couple of weeks I have been working on getting my office ready.  I have seen a few clients here but we met in my living room which worked but I wanted to have a more private space done.

It is not 100% done but it's done enough for me to see clients.  I need to buy a new ceiling fan.  The space also needs curtains.  One good thing about those windows is you can't see in during the day, so that gives it a smidge of privacy (that plus the fact that we sit on an acre and there is no one back there close enough to see in).  But still....it needs curtains!

In case you don't feel like scrolling down, here is the before.



And after.......




Couch for my clients.



This is what is hanging above the couch.  
She is the very first baby I ever caught as a midwife.  
*smile*



  

The above two pictures are taken from the side of the room where the couch is.  In the picture on the top I will have a small kid-themed rug with the little stool as an area just for the little ones.  The paint color on the doors and the wood above the door and window really are the same color.  They just came out different in the picture.

I'm looking for opinions on the area rug.  

Under that spot is a nasty plywood box-thing.  This room was added on to the house at some point.  That door leads out to the back patio but to get it open you have to lift this plywood box-thing up out of the floor.  So obviously I HAD to get that covered up!!  I'm not totally in love with the rug but it has the color scheme I was going for (minus the green) and adds a little bit of color and movement to the space.  

It was also one that I could afford.  The ones I *really* wanted were all over $100.  

What do you think??



This bookshelf holds all of my equipment for prenatal visits, lab supplies, and midwifery books.  



This is my client bookshelf.  

I have my lending library here.  At the bottom left I have a few things just for little ones.  So far I have some books, a Memory game, and a coloring book with crayons.  Above that I have some equipment for them to play with.  The little ones are always fascinated with the stethoscope, doppler, etc. when we are doing a prenatal on Mama.  Some of them love having their own things to use and help.  

I also plan on adding some locally-made products here for clients to purchase.  



 

My (little) lending library.



Sitting on the top of my client bookshelf, a 3-D ultrasound picture of my second daughter three weeks before she was born.  Back in the day when 3-D ultrasounds were just being offered.  ;)  We had gone to the hospital for a little scare in not feeling her move for quite a while (of course she started wiggling around on the drive over).  They did an ultrasound and while we were waiting to be discharged the ultrasound technician brought us this picture.  She said it was a new machine, she had been playing around with it and thought we would like to have a picture.  :)  



The office is Little Miss Approved.  

2 comments:

Kahri said...

looks great and I like the rug!

NeeCee said...

It looks amazing! You are doing a fantastic job!