Friday, May 27, 2011

Hello to those of you lurking and Day 5

You know I can see you all reading....right? ;) Afraid I won't publish your comment(s)? Bawaahhahhhaaaaa.

Just kidding.

But really, I can see that you are stopping by to read. So...Hello!

Today is day five. Backing up to yesterday. It kinda sucked. My brain was big time craving carbs and then we took the kids to Cherry Berry to celebrate their last day of school. Did I mention that I really wanted carbs? And not good ones either. I was giving serious consideration to cramming down a couple chocolate mini donuts, four sugar cookies, some raisin bread....yummy. But I didn't give in...even at Cherry Berry. I did find that having melba toast before bed helped satisfy the carb craving.

I'm also happy to report that substituting ground turkey didn't seem to hinder anything. In the reading I've done about it some say not to and some say they have. So lots of conflicting information there. So far it's working for me to do it. I did change up my dinner meal a bit though. The thought of a turkey burger without seasoning and cheese was depressing me (this was around the same time as the Great Carb Craving of May 26). I took 1 teaspoon of coconut oil (it's on the NuMedica food list to use sparingly...and again with that, didn't seem to hinder progress) and sauteed 1/4 cup of red onion with it. I put that over my burger and it. was. yummy!!!

My meals today are:
Breakfast: 1 cup strawberries + B12
Snack: 1 piece melba toast
Lunch: 1/2 cup quinoa (not on most lists but I know some vegetarians/vegans on this diet use it as a protein substitute), 1/2 cup tomato, 1 cup spinach, juice of one lemon
Snack: 1 apple
Dinner: 3.5oz chicken, 2 tablespoons Pace salsa, 1 cup strawberry
Snack: 1 piece melba toast

Today the sucky part is going to be dinner. We have a family dinner to attend at my inlaw's house. I'll survive. I may save those strawberries and have them as my dessert.

Here are today's results:
Starting weight: 151.0
Weight today: 148.6
Total loss: 2.4

No comments: