Our Language Arts and Math are pretty much set for everyone. I say that now.....
What we'll need is History, Science, Latin (oh yes...I'm going to make them do Latin again *insert evil laugh here*), and Poetry (*GAG* but it needs to be taught). So far these are the contenders for each subject. Feel free to leave your input and experience with any of them!
HISTORY:
Tapestry of Grace - Year 1
This seems like a great curriculum! And one that we can reuse to get each of the kids through High School. I've been reading reviews that there is A LOT of information and many don't get it all done. That doesn't intimidate me too much since with most curriculums we don't get it all done. I really like how it's all laid out all the way through and covers quite a bit of information.
SCIENCE:
For Em: Apologia General Science
My plan right now is to use Apologia from 7th grade through 12th grade. In their 12th grade year they will be able to choose one of Apologia's AP courses.
For the Littles: Christian Kids Explore Earth and Space
We've used all of their other books. Love them.
LATIN:
For the girls: First Form Latin
Been reading really good reviews about this.
POETRY:
For the girls: Michael Clay Thompson: Music of the Hemispheres
Again, reading really good reviews about this one.
2 comments:
Believe it or not, I was very close to being tempted away from KONOS to go to Tapestry of Grace. It looks like an incredible curriculum. Then I finally decided, KONOS is working for my family, why would I change what isn't broken. Had to put on my blinders.
I understand about looking forward to NEXT year. Its hard for me to keep focused on getting this year done, when I'm excited about next year. ::sigh::
Our History is broken so I need to fix it. LOL
I've been using TruthQuest and have NOT been happy with the American History for Young Students III book. So I'm a little hesitant to use others, even though we slightly enjoyed books I and II. Plus, I'm getting kind of tired of just reading library books for history lessons. There doesn't seem to be much depth to it.
I could use SOTW again but that will bore the heck out of the older two. I've heard Mystery of History is lacking in information. Biblioplan is another I am considering but (it uses SOTW as a spine so I'm not sure about that).
It's so frustrating. There are so many good things out there. And so many mixed reviews since we all teach differently.
Post a Comment