Happy 12th Birthday Emily!!!!

Yes, she is 12.
Tonight we were riding home from dinner at the Cheesecake Factory and of course, they were all high on sugar. And I had this thought. If you would have told me on February 16, 1998 as I sat in the hospital bed with my 6lb 4oz baby girl that twelve years from then I would have a car full of children giggling about how old everyone is going to be when we have the next Blue Moon, I'm not sure I would have believed you. It's amazing where life can take you in such a short amount of time!!
It seems like she was born just last week and here she is:
It seems like she was born just last week and here she is:
- saved by grace.
- almost as tall as me.
- teaching herself to knit.
- snuggling in bed with her little brother because he loves snuggling with her.
- reading at a high school level.
- steps up to help when she sees there is a need.
She's amazing.
Completely changing the subject....
So we went out to dinner. We were sitting there, waiting on our food and I was casually looking around. My eyes stopped for a moment on a couple across the room. I thought, "..she looks familiar...nooo...couldn't be her...why would they be here?...well, maybe it IS her...it sure looks like her." So naturally I looked a little harder (aka stalking...lol) and realized it WAS her. Kelly from Kellys Korner. And being the huge dork that I am, I got excited and star struck. I told my girls, "Oh my gosh, I read her blog!!!! I'm going to go say 'Hi'!!" Naturally they thought I was nuts. But seriously, how often to you get to meet, in real life, the author of one of your favorite blogs? Right...hardly ever. So I went over. What I said was, "Hi. You'll probably think this is weird but...I read your blog!" And something about looking around and thinking it was her and that I just had to come over and say "Hi". She thanked me, asked my name, her adorable little girl said, "AHHH!" to get my attention (and I did say "Hello" to her too..lol..what a sweetheart!), she thanked me for coming over, and then I walked away. What I wanted to say was, "Hi, I'm Heather. I've been reading your blog since Harper was born. You have such a sweet little family and a sweet spirit! It's one of my favorite blogs to read each day. It's so very nice to meet you!" But no, I'm a dork and none of that came out. So Kelly, if by some wild chance you ever make it over to my quiet little blog and read this, please excuse my dorkiness.
And completely changing the subject again...
Still waiting on two babies this month. Three down (or should that be out?) and two to go. Then a break until April!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment