Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ok...quick post before I go to bed.

So yesterday afternoon I started feeling icky. Wasn't too bad, I just felt icky. I went to bed around 11pm and FINALLY got to sleep around 1:30am. I woke up at 3am with what I think we have coined in this house for our 2yo (after it happened to him the other day), poopy puddles (in contrast to what Matthew refers to as a "poopy cake"). Not literally for me as it is for him wearing a diaper. Anyway, go ahead and erase that mental image from your mind. Think of pink tulips and bunny rabbits.

I was up all night. The only reasons I like being up in the middle of the night is: 1. Giving birth 2. Nursing a baby 3. Attending to someone else who is giving birth. Otherwise, I kinda value my sleep. A lot. So it wasn't a fun five hours.

Thankfully my husband was able to stay home from work. I was FINALLY able to get a couple hours of sleep. And thankfully by afternoon I was feeling back to normal.

We still got school done today. Well, about half of it. Our morning stuff didn't get done obivously. The girls are loving the Critical Thinking books and they have almost memorized The Lord's Prayer. Next week we'll start on The Apostle's Creed.

Tomorrow will be another half school day. They will take what they can work on independently because I have to attend appointments all day. We have four prenatals (did you notice...there is a new due date on my list! I now have a client a month..with the exception of March when we have two..from now until June!!!!), one postpartum (pray for her and their little guy...the baby isn't latching on well and he's loosing weight), and one interview. :) So in between appointments I can help them but mostly they just do what they can on their own and we pick back up the next day.

Emily needs a bit more help in Math. Apparently she inherited the "I hate Math and just do it because I have to" gene from me. She's at the end of the chapter and did the Review the last two days. She missed most of the problems. I'm having her do a few practice drills the rest of the week to give her extra practice. I was planning on that anyway but a couple of the things she needs work on won't be covered in the drills. So she'll re-do the Review next week. She needs to remember to read the directions ( ;) ) and a little refresher on word problems.

So that wasn't such a quick post like I said it would be. Off to bed I go........

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

oh my goodnesss!!!! You are too funny!!! AS IF I could EVER erase that mental image!!!!

I hope you are ALL feeling better today!