Sunday, June 10, 2007

We had a good weekend I think. It was quite busy but good.

Yesterday's prenatals changed around some but I still had three to attend. Our Mama that was due yesterday is so so close! Should be any time now. :)

Church today was really good. Until the very end of the sermon. Our pastor threw in a little bit of teaching on spanking. *sigh* I had to leave the service. I love our pastor dearly but this is just one subject I completely disagree with him on. There were scriptures quoted and comments made about how if you don't spank, you hate your children. That one must spank to teach them, etc and etc. My heart can not justify hitting my children to teach/correct them. When God corrects us, He never causes us physical harm. He is not a God who inficts physical pain on His children in any situation (i.e. sickness, injury, etc). So why would it be acceptable for me to treat my children that way??? How is spanking my children reflecting God to them? I really can not wrap my head around that way of thinking.

No comments: