I've decided to do my kitchen in a ME theme. :) I think I'll do the walls the same color we're doing the living room, the ever popular light tan or whatever they call it. Then accent it with the black and red. I don't want to do anything dramatic to the walls so that when we eventually sell this house, people don't walk in hating it. So that neutral color will work well.
Then today at Target I found a great kitchen rug!!! I've tried fining a picture online but they don't have it up. It's rectangle and woven (I guess that's what it's called..lol). It has bits of color but the main ones that stand out are black and red. ;) Then there is some tan and denim blue bits. So it's PERFECT! Doesn't match anything in there now but I don't care. It will give me something to work off of. :) I picked up some red placemats that accent it nicely. I usually keep a tablecloth on but with all the kids it's always getting bumped around. I can keep my tablecloth to use when I want the entire table covered but then use the placemats at meals and to show off my beautiful table! :)
Slowly but surely we'll get there. :) Here pretty soon we're going to start moving bedrooms around and painting those rooms + the living/dining/kitchen area. The flooring will wait until the last. Which stinks because it's HORRIBLE and I'm really tired of it. But we might as well leave it since it doesn't matter if paint gets on it. And more importantly, since the great state of Oklahoma wanted some tax money this year, rearranging and reorganizing the house is my first priority and then we'll see how much money we have left to do the floors or how much we need to save up.
So if you're out there and you need childbirth classes or a doula or both and your dh wants to barter....bring it on!!! I would totally go for a trade for someone to do our flooring for us. ;)
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it sounds like it will look great!
Post a Comment