Sunday, January 28, 2007

Almost Monday

So another week is here and I think I'd rather hibernate. Not that it's going to be a bad week. There's just a lot to do. Nothing new. Hibernating just sounds more fun.

My house is REALLY(!!!!) getting on my nerves. If only I had someone who could come organize my house for me. Hmmmm.....

Seriously, I MUST get busy organizing my house. There's so much to do that I'm overwhelmed and don't know where to start. I'm going to try and do some tidying/cleaning/light organizing this week. That way I can see what kinds of things I need to store and organize stuff and I'll feel sane again. Last night the girls cleaned their rooms and it helped a little bit. I need to do my bedroom this week and the living room.

We're hoping that with some of our tax refund (well...first of all we're praying that it's like last years) we can update our house a little bit. Some projects are easy but others will be more involved. So again..I'm overwhelmed and don't know where to start. I know once it's done this place will look SO much better and be SO much more efficient!!

Off the top of my head here's what we want to do:
*Finish painting the kitchen/dining room (do NOT ask me when I started that project)
*New kitchen counter tops??
*Tile backsplash in the kitchen
(I think we need new counters before I can do the backsplash which means I can paint the dining room but not the kitchen until we get that decision made)
*Patch up some spots on the living room walls and corners
*Paint the living room, hallways and bedrooms.
*Ceramic tile in the kitchen/dining/laundry areas and maybe entry way. (This won't get done until the painting, tile and possible counters are done)
*"Hardwood" flooring in the living room, hallway, and bedrooms.
*Redo the wall in the master bath, add some tile around the shower (before that's done there is a section of wall that needs to be repaired...if it had tile there in the first place that repair wouldn't need to be done. lol).
*Paint the master bathroom.
*Paint the hallway bathroom (I know EXACTLY what I want to do and there aren't any repairs in there!!!)
*And finally at some point....switch bedrooms with the kids. They will get the master bedroom and we will take Gracie/Abby's bedroom. And once again we will have an office/school room!!!!

We went to the Home and Garden show today. I entered the Lowe's $5,000 give away and I fully expect to win. God and I had a little talk. I also entered the Direct Buy $25,000 give away so I talked to Him about that one too. ;)

1 comment:

Peculiar Blogs said...

Can't wait to see what you do with the $5000!