Last night we had the pleasure of having dinner with Dulce de Leche and GentleMomof4 and their families. Unfortunately The Peaceful Housewife wasn't feeling well and couldn't join us. Next time. ;)
It was so great getting to see Dulce and her family again. I've missed seeing her and their beautiful children. It's so lovely being friends with families that I had the honor of helping through a birth (or births in her case....see the sweet sleeping baby in her arms? I caught that sweet girl. :) One of my favorite birth stories!). She also brought this, which is always worth getting together for dinner for. *wink*
Dulce has met GentleMomto4 prior to last night but it was my first to meet her. She and her husband have four great kids! My youngest had such fun playing with her little guy!!
What does this have to do with the Natural Parenting Blog Party?? Well, first of all, if she could have joined us, we would have had the hostess of the blog party present. ;) But mostly it has everything to do with the blog party. It was so refreshing to spend time with other families who share similar views on parenting and children. The view and idea of grace based parenting.
The goal is not to break my child's will or sinful nature. The goal is not to control our child. The goal is not to punish our child with corporal punishment. The goal is not to push our child to the side and have them follow behind like good little soldiers.
The goal is to give our child (and ourselves) grace. The goal is to parent our child. The goal is to teach our child through love and grace. The goal is to have a relationship with our child. The goal is to teach our child with love and to model the relationship our Father God has with His children.


4 comments:
Hi, Heather! I was wondering if there were any grace-based parenting resources (especially books) that you could recommend. I really don't want to spank, but having been spanked myself as a kid, I don't feel like I possess the tools and know-how to make it work myself. :-P I've been thinking quite a bit on this subject lately but don't know quite where to begin...
I so wish I could have been there! I am feeling quite a bit better now, thankfully. I'm super bummed about missing you guys, though!
((((hugs)))) Thank you again so much! It was wonderful to see you all. I can't wait to meet up again. <3.
We had such a wonderful time! My T has been asking everyday when we're going back to that house again ;)
Post a Comment