Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Formal Introduction

Nugget



Patty
Who is eating a very tasty cricket. :)



Duckie



Charlie



Big Red



Alfalfa
Who we think is a rooster.

Soon to be added are pictures of our two newest additions. We stopped today to get a new heat lamp and they had a new batch of chickens. Chicks who were tagged meaning they have an 85-90% chance of being a hen. I decided to get two more since we are highly suspecting that Alfalfa is a rooster (but could be totally and completely wrong). I also wanted a couple more Rhode Island Reds to lay some beautiful, big, brown eggs for us. :) The next time we take them outside to play I will get pictures and put them up so you can meet those lovely ladies.

If you have any ideas what breed of chickens we have (other than Big Red), please comment and let me know!!

2 comments:

Maria D. @ DownrightDomesticity said...

I really love Pattie's coloring! The only breed I can identify well is the Polish-- you should check them out, they are ridiculous. :-P

Unknown said...

Ha! Cute little chicks. Love that you named them all. That's awesome! You're going to have a blast. Make sure your kids handle them a lot as they grow so they'll always enjoy it. Chickens tend to be sort of feisty about being held and such. :)
Nice popping by.
Lynnette