Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Gophers, teeth, fish, and a baby

And we'll go in that order. Ready???

I am still battling gophers in my front garden (and will be unless I kill the grub worms they like to feed on). The other day I mentioned moles but I did some reading and found that moles don't eat the ENTIRE plant. And that is what is happening. In the "Front Garden Ta-daaaah" post, look at the second picture. See the little Mums there by the porch? Well, there is only one left. :( We had them at our old house and a part of me was hoping we wouldn't have them here. Ha. So now I have this wonderful garden area and can't plant much in it. I am going to try making some wire "baskets" for a couple things (the Saxifraga and that twirly plant). Similar to these Gopher Baskets. We are also going to have to put a mesh wire on the bottom of our raised beds.
My youngest did fabulous yesterday at the dentist! He laid there and didn't budge the entire time. They did two fillings and the extraction with a spacer put in. We go back in a few weeks to have the other side worked on. I get to take my 8yo as well because we found out yesterday that she has a cavity as well!! yay.

Our SIXTEEN baby fish are getting quite big. And I can't get rid of them!!!!!! Ugh. My oldest daughter needed a bigger tank for her angel fish so we got a ten gallon tank for her. The tank she had was passed on to her sister. Then I set about separating the baby boy fish from the baby girl fish. The smaller tank has an orange male molly in it so we decided to put the boys in there. Out of SIXTEEN babies, guess how many boys there are?? Go ahead...guess.

A client had her baby last night (lol...admit it...how many of you thought from the title that there was going to be an announcement and you scrolled right to the end of the post to find out???). :) Another lightening fast birth!! These clients who were induced the first time make for great home births!!! She's the prettiest little 10 pound 2 ounce baby girl I think I've ever seen. The fast births are nice BUT it means we are due for some LOOOOOOONG ones!! They are coming...oh yes they are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh... Gophers were the bane of our life, growing up on the Alberta prairies. As far as I know there was no "cure". :-/

That's a lot of fish. My guess to how many were boys... One?