Tuesday, October 26, 2010

If I sit here long enough maybe I'll think of a title......

It's been a busy week.  Here are some highlights:


A birthday lunch at Cheesecake Factory with my girl.  


Matthew's new look.  Cotton swabs stuck in his ears.  



This dark, cedar-walled room needs curtains.  So the girls and I are going to make them.  


With this yarn.  Well...see that little ball of green there on the lower right.  That is a sample of a color I need to buy.  I brought home four other colors and when we got them in the sunlight, in that room, it was horrid.   Abby and I played around some with the colors.  We found that sage-ish green in our stash and decided it needs that color.  So, I will be returning the four rejects and will buy a skein of that green.


The busy basketball season has begun.  What does this mean?, you ask.  It means that my handsome husband  is now working three jobs.  One full time from home, one part-time for high school football, and now another part-time for an NBA team.  In April we were ready for the NBA season to be over with!  And now, we are excited for it to be starting up again!  This job is a huge blessing for our family!  Plus, how great to see NBA games for free!!

Last week was a bust school-wise.  I was at a birth from Sunday evening until Monday evening (with a three hour break to come home and sleep some).  When I am at long births like that it really throws off my week.  The kids did a couple days worth of their book assignments but that was about it.  So this week we are back in the swing of things trying to get caught up.  Really the only thing we got behind in is History.

I also made a change with our daily schedule.  It's still an experiment but I think it might just work really well.  We are now doing book work in the morning, instead of the afternoon.  We were doing the subjects we can do together (i.e. Bible Blast, History, Science, and Word Roots) in the morning and some days finishing up between 10:00am and 11:00am.  Then a break to play and eat lunch followed up with the entire afternoon of book work.  Now we do the morning of book work, eat lunch, do those few things together (which takes about 1-1.5 hours), and have almost all afternoon to play, run errands, relax, maybe some field trips, etc.  So far the kids are enjoying it and so am I.  The only issue to iron out is the youngest offspring.  It's obvious that he needs some play time in the morning before sitting down to work.  But overall, I think we may continue this way.

And now I am headed outside to enjoy some fresh air to work on Matthew's blanket before the daylight is gone.

No comments: