Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Nothing new on the house-front. We are still busy getting ours ready to put on the market. I think we are about 80% there. I have new ceramic tile in the entry, dining room, and kitchen. The "hardwood" (read: snap-together-wood-floor..lol) in the living room has been repaired and finished off. My dining room and kitchen have a new coat of paint. Now all that is left is smaller projects. Repairing a leaky bathroom faucet, a new back storm door, replacing some wood around the bay window, recaulking a shower,....stuff like that.

I have been looking ahead already towards next school year. I was worried about how we would have time in the mornings to get it all done but I think it will all work out. On my part it's going to be a matter of looking a couple weeks ahead and planning accordingly. So for all my homeschooling Mamas, does it look like I'm missing anything???

Together we will be doing:
Bible Study
First Form Latin + Word Roots
Tapestry of Grace Year 1
Art in Story (just throwing in some of the books and activities that go along with history lessons)
Poetry - Michael Clay Thompson - Music of the Hemispheres
finishing up Galloping the Globe (we'll be done in November)

Emily (7th grade)
Science - Apologia General Science
Math, Reading, and Language Arts - Christian Light
Wordly Wise
typing

Abby (5th grade)
Science - Christian Kids Explore Earth & Space
Reading and Language Arts - Christian Light
Math - Rod & Staff or Christian Light
Wordly Wise
typing

Gracie (3rd grade)
Science - same as Abby
Math - Christian Light
Language Arts - Christian Light
Reading - Christian Light
Wordly Wise

Matthew (K)
(He'll do History with us)
Handwriting Without Tears
Math - Rod & Staff or Christian Light (probably R&S)
Phonics - just done with me...sight words and library books


No comments: