Saturday, December 26, 2009


Merry [Day After] Christmas!!!!!!



We had a white Christmas here in Oklahoma. Very white. As in blizzard warning white. I'm not sure if it was a TRUE blizzard but everyone was all hyped up with blizzard-ness. It just looked like a lot of heavy blowing snow to me. Which technically what a blizzard is I guess. I think I would call it "blizzard conditions" but I don't sport "meteorologist" behind my name. Whatever it was, it was enough for most churches, including ours, to cancel Christmas Eve services.

Whatever it was, it was very heavy snow and we got a lot of it in a short amount of time. But more importantly, we had a white Christmas!!!!!

Since we were all dressed up for church and didn't go (well, actually we DID go because they were going ahead with two services and we arrived to an empty parking lot. I got on the church's network with my iPod and then saw the email sent out cancelling services. Totally should have done that BEFORE we left the house!), we took pictures here at home:




We had a lovely Christmas Day! Unfortunately, due to the weather, Kev's parents weren't able to come over (well, that plus the fact that their car got stuck in a snow drift on the side of a road Thursday night..yes, they are ok). The kids were very excited to open a Wii and a couple games to go with it. :) We have had SO much fun with that so far! I love how it's not a game system where you sit with the controller staring at the TV (unless you have a game to play that way) but everyone can get involved. And it gets you up and moving!!

So now that Christmas is over (well, almost...we still have Christmas to do in Wichita later this week) I need to look ahead to school and childbirth classes. I'm hoping today to put books on hold and do a little planning. I'm also redoing my childbirth class a little bit. Reorganizing a few classes and adding in something that looks pretty interesting! Hopefully that won't be too much work since it's simply (I say that now) a matter of moving handouts around for the binders.

No comments: