Let's see...what all is new since I last blogged.....
- Kev's new job is going really well!! His boss has been very impressed with him and I think they enjoy working together. He's also very busy working with the OKC Thunder. So very thankful for the work!!
- In my search for some lapbooking ideas I stumbled upon the Mini-Office. Upon further research I realized my kids would LOVE them! If you are wondering what in the world I am talking about, go HERE. There are examples and printables galore!!! I made ours a little different, I used the big display boards (like you would use for a science fair project). This way the girls can have the information in front of them but also have some privacy while doing their school work. We had to do Emily's on the large board so it's a little cumbersome..but she loves it! I took a few pictures today but I still need to take pictures of the other two. When I get that done and have time, I will upload them.
- Our schooling is going alright. Not as good as I envisioned it going but we're plugging along. Last week I decided to abandon Art/Art History. I wasn't having the time needed to plan and gather materials. Plus, there is SO much to this book (SO many resources..books, websites, etc) that we weren't getting to it all. So I decided that we will use it in conjunction with History next year. We'll be ready to go through our history cycle again starting with The Ancients. It should be a nice addition to History.
I also wanted to and need to have more one-on-one time with my littles. Hopefully in January I can start on some fun little mini-units (weather, "all about me" - aka human body, oceans, etc.).
- That Due Date List over there is GROWING!!!! :) And growing...and growing!! We had four interviews on Saturday and all four hired us! I think in the next couple of weeks we have three interviews. February and April are almost completely booked! June may be very soon...two of the upcoming interviews are due in June. :)
I guess that's about it. Hopefully I'll make it over here to blog more often.....
No comments:
Post a Comment