Tuesday, August 4, 2009

So we're in our last month of summer break. :) I thought I was ready but I have SO much to do!!! For the most part it's just getting bindings cut off of a few books so they are ready for copies to be made. And the other big missing piece is curriculum I still need to buy because I'm still waiting on the funds to do it. I'm praying things fall into place in the next week or two so I can buy it all. It's not stuff I need to plan long-term but I need it to look over and become familiar with.

In the next few weeks Kev will find out if he is the new sound guy for our church. I'm still really torn on the whole thing. Overall I'm mostly indifferent as I know if they choose him, it will be where God wants him (and a huge blessing because we need the income). But I won't be disappointed if it doesn't happen.

I've been experimenting lately with more scratch recipes. My biggest failure so far is making bread. :( But the bagels turned out nicely! I've tried two zucchini bread recipes and both were SO good!! One is chocolate and one is just a typical zucchini bread. And since zucchini is about all my garden is yielding, we have quite a bit to use up!! I'm also trying to freeze some of my shredded zucchini so we can enjoy it later in the Fall.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Paige said...

I've been making banana bread about 2 x weekly since before the birth! Actually our moms took over duty while I rested a few weeks. It is awesome in the morning. I was just thinking about making zucchini bread too to mix it up a little. Could you share the typical zucchini bread recipe? I also found a great wheat bread recipe (a little sweet) if you want it!

Melanie said...

My garden was the epitome of epic fail this year.. out of all the tomato, pepper and zucchini plants I invested in the earth, my yield was 1 tiny tomato! One! I am still at a loss as to why I couldn't manage to get one zucchini.. when all others are overrun with zucchini. Yes, I am jealous of your zucchini harvest!