I really should blog more.
A few of us in the house have been battling the sinus crap that's been going around. My turn was this weekend. Fun times. Most of my weekend was spent not doing anything (with the exception of Saturday afternoon) and taking naps. I have to REALLY not be feeling good for me to stop everything, tune out the kids, and sleep!!
Yesterday we got back into our school routine. Last week ended up being a week off, time for me to reorganize, and do some planning. I finished planning out History, Geography, and our Presidents study. We will be done with our current History and Science book by late May/early June so it's time to start looking already! History will be an easy pick...just continue on with the next TruthQuest book. Science on the other hand will require some research. I'm not sure yet what I want to use.
I also put together a required reading list for the older two girls. It is mostly classics and things that will challenge them. They are required to read at least one each month (I'll extend that a little for Em if she chooses something like "Little Women") and then do a book report.
Another thing I am considering is being a little more picky about completed work and the number of problems done correctly. I think they need more accountability but I don't see it necessary to keep grades. One idea I am toying with is restricting NintentoDS or computer (read: EMAIL) time for the girls. I'm just not sure how to go about it in a way that I can keep track of it all. Perhaps start keeping a grade book for the sole purpose of also keeping track of minutes lost on those two things...? Any bright ideas??
Our new dryer was ordered yesterday. I'm really praying that it is here by Saturday. Laundry is starting to pile up again.
Things are busy at the center. Well, extremely busy for the other girls as they prepare for some upcoming events. They are doing a fabulous job!! The center looks great and is so homey! I have offered and am trying to help where I can but as I told them, I also have to educate my children. ;) So my time somewhat limited. Those of you reading this who are in town will have to come by the Open House on March 14. :) I will post the time as soon as I know.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment