Today was a long day! This morning we had appointments at the center ( :) ). I was only able to be at the first one, an interview. Kev worked another game in OKC tonight so I had to take off to get him there.
It was so surreal doing appointments at the center!! A dream come true for us (Tiffany especially!) and so many people in Tulsa! We expect that once word gets out even more that there is a birth center here we'll get busy. The feedback we've had so far is VERY positive. A couple ladies have commented, "...I wish you had been open a couple months ago when I had my baby!" Tiffany has done an amazing job getting the center set up! I took some pictures the other day. As soon as I find where the camera cable went, I'll get them uploaded.
After we dropped off Kev today I took the kids to the Science Museum. We didn't have a lot of time but enough to do our favorite things. They all wanted to play upstairs in the gymnastics area. Then we headed downstairs. Matthew LOVES the Tesla, Em loves the optical illusions room (and I'll admit..it's one of my favorites too), Abby loves the HUGE magnet with metal shavings and Gracie...well...I think she just loves it all (being the free-spirit-go-with-the-flow kind of girl that she is). I'm really glad we got the membership there! It was a nice little treat to just pop in there for two hours and not have it cost anything!!
As if I didn't already have enough going on school-wise...I'm adding a couple more things. Next week we'll start our study on the Presidents. The only hang-up I have is that I'm not sure how to have them keep all their information. I'm tired of doing binders and I don't really like lapbooks (sorry Kahri). I'm just stumped. I want something that's not bulky, nice enough that they can keep the project, and fun. If you have any ideas....click on that comment button and type something. A while back the girls informed me that they were BORED with Prima Latina. Of course this was not long after I bought Christiana Latina since they were almost done with Prima. However, I want them to have some study of word roots/origins. So I will be selling my Latin curriculum (I think...I'm still debating on whether or not I should hang onto it for the other two or if I'll just stick to the new thing for them) and I bought English From the Roots Up Flash Cards (that link is just Volume 1 but I bought Volume 2 as well). Quick, fun, and simple. I also decided that Gracie needs more Phonics instruction. I think I started her way too early on the Rod & Staff Phonics 1. She's doing 1st Grade Spelling (Purposeful Design) and doesn't seem to be recalling the Phonics rules we learned in that R&S book. So I got The Ordinary Parent's Guide to Teaching Reading. Honestly, after using it for their phonics for the last six years, I didn't want to re-teach the R&S workbook (I have it and can always pull lessons from it to type up to reinforce learning). I also want to pull together some fun activities for Matthew. I want to do some hands-on stuff for ABC recognition (i.e. gluing Cheerios onto a big letter A) . Somewhere I have a fun little book for learning how to use scissors. After watching him today in the Tinkering Garage at the museum (there is a spot that has tubes shooting out air...they have paper plates and cups that they can bend or cut up to make them fly in the air stream), I think he'd really enjoy getting to do something like that.
Wow. I think this has been my longest post in a long time!! :p To wrap it up, let's play Scattergories!!! I got this idea from another blog I read, I [heart] Food For Thought. Really, the main reason I like reading is because of Bunny Mondays. ;) But I do also enjoy her recipe entries...in fact...I'm going to make her chili recipe this week.
Scattergories Meme
RULES: Highlight and copy this meme, erase my answers, enter yours and send it on to 10 people including the one that sent this to you. Use the first letter of your name to answer each question. They have to be real places, names, things. Nothing made up. Try to use different answers if the person before you has the same first initial. Its harder than it looks!
The hardest part is finding 10 people that will play with you!
1. What is your name: Heather
2. A 4 Letter Word: hand
3. A Boys Name: Herman
4. A Girls Name: Hannah
5. An Occupation: horticulturist
6. A Color: hunter green
7. Something you wear: hair pin
8. A Beverage: Highlander (LOL...just trying to be creative people)
9. A Food: horseradish
10. Something found in the bathroom: hairspray
11. A Reason for being late: hanky-panky (hee-hee)
12. A Place: hair salon
13. Something you shout: HEY!
No comments:
Post a Comment