Tuesday, September 2, 2008

We had a pretty good first day. I have a rough daily routine I'm trying to stick to. There are a few things I am going to try differently tomorrow. While the older two girls work on their U.S. state study I have time to work one-on-one with Gracie. Today she did Handwriting, Spelling and Phonics during that time and saved Math for the afternoon. We need to try doing Math first. ;) She was loosing focus by 2:00 and it took her f-o-r-e-v-e-r to get done. So I'll have her do Math and Phonics in the morning with me and then in the afternoon do the other two subjects.

I thought of another change I would make to the torte. I'd put a chocolate graham cracker or Oreo cookie crust down first. The bottom layer of ganache melts pretty quick and then the stuff is sliding all around the plate. Plus, I think a crust like that would add a nice texture to it.

1 comment:

NeeCee said...

We do math and English first too. The kiddos seem more fresh and their brains seem to wrap around new information better. After lunch, we do all our KONOS (or all the other subjects) That schedule has worked best for us for years.

I hope the new schedule works for you all.