A Wednesday morning quiz:
Question #1
What do you do when, at 10:00pm you hear POUNDING on your front door?
Question #2
What do you do when you open the door to two police officers pointing guns at you and are yelling asking, "WHO IS IN THE HOUSE WITH YOU????"?
Question #3
What kind of pants do you change into after the ordeal is all over?
Yes, those things happened last night at our home. Well, the first two did.
All was calm last night...I was watching TV and Kev had headphones on watching a movie online. Then suddenly there is a POUNDING (and it's in all-caps because it was freaking loud!!..apparently they want you to hear it when they knock on your door..lol) on the door. At first I thought it was Kev pounding on the wall since we've had a critter of some sorts, that is only active at night, in our attic. But as I rounded the corner into the hallway, he was bolting out of his chair. I ran to grab my cell phone and then we went into the kids' bedroom to look out the window. Immediately, before getting to the window even, I saw the flashing lights. I said, "OH...it's the police!" As I was sprinting to the door, they POUNDED on it again.
I opened it (with Kev standing right there with me)....the officer jumped back, crouched down a little with his gun pointed and started yelling. There was another officer off to one side who had her gun drawn too. She was yelling but I have absolutely no idea what she was saying. The other officer was yelling, "WHO IS IN THE HOUSE WITH YOU???" So I told him, "Just me, my husband, and our kids." I think next he said...still somewhat yelling through the storm door, "So you don't know anything about this truck out here???"
There was a pick-up truck sitting right in front of our house. Along with FIVE police cars.
So the guns went down and he asked us to step outside to talk to him. Again, he asked if we had ever seen that truck before and then said that they had been in pursuit of the truck. We said "no" (of course) and told them that all the cars in the driveways around us were those, and the only cars, of our neighbors. He apologized for scaring us and that if we heard anything to call 911 immediately.
Over the next hour and a half I watched out the windows. I think one of our neighbors saw or heard something in the backyard next to him. It's an empty house and there is no side fence line. So whoever was running from the police could have seen it was open (or was familiar with the area and knew) and ran back there. At one point they had a police car turned so the headlights were shining back there.
A while later I looked out and saw the K-9 unit had arrived. That was fun since I've never seen them work. He put a harness on the dog, took him (? lol) over toward our mailbox, then over towards the truck. He jumped up in the bed of the truck, jumped off, then went around the side to smell. After that he took off towards my garden and got sidetracked where the neighbor dog has peed. It was hard to see once he was done there but it looked like he took off towards that vacant house's yard. About three or four officers followed behind the K-9 unit. Right after that another officer motioned for the tow truck to come and they towed the truck away.
I'm anxious to talk to the neighbors later today to see what they heard/saw. And the neighbors across the street to see what the officer asked them because after they left our door, they went over there.
That's the most excitement we've ever had in our neighborhood!!!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, wow! Sounds a little scary, but very interesting. I'll be looking for an update.
Oh wow!!! That is exciting! I'm glad Kevan was there, so you didn't have to go through that by yourself.
What, no pictures?? ROFL
OH my goodness!!! My heart was pounding just reading it!!
Post a Comment