Monday, July 7, 2008

Isn't funny how the simplest things...like a new bookcase...can excite a Homeschooling Mom????

I got a new 5-shelf bookcase (it is NOT this one..the one I bought is exactly like it and from Target) today for school books and it's SO pretty! Even though it was just $30 and is mostly particle board and it's not really what I wanted (because what I really wanted is $100), it's pretty.

We have a 3-shelf bookcase in the dining room that was starting to get CRAMMED full of books, 3-ring binders, school boxes, etc. I waited as long as I could and finally went to get a taller bookcase today. Got it all put together this morning and when the girls got done with school they moved their books over. There is a space for everyone (even Matthew) and room for my midwifery books!!! Now I don't have to lug around a very heavy little plastic box with my books in it!

3 comments:

NeeCee said...

I know exactly what you mean. My bookshelves are my most prized pieces of furniture. I would rather go without a couch than go without my bookshelves!!

Right now, my filing cabinet is stuffed beyond full. I need to buy a new one. I keep a file of all the units I do, so when its time to redo them, all I have to do is pull out the file and my planning is done. Downside is, my two drawer cabinet filled up quickly!! I'm finding that my filing cabinet is just as important as my bookshelves. LOL

Anonymous said...

I can CERTINALY understand how excited you would be over bookshelves. I dream about them! You can never have too many. I need more! :-) ~Kim B.

Peculiar Blogs said...

Bookshelves are awesome! They are ALWAYS on my "want to buy" list!! :-) Congrats!