If you were listening to KXOJ this afternoon around 4:50 you probably already know that our family won "Dinner on Dave" tonight!! For those that don't know what that is...we won dinner to Incredible Pizza!
The kids were SOOOO excited! We've been trying for months and have been caller one or five. I think I was caller eight once (the winner is caller nine). Every time we called and didn't win I would tell them, "One of these days!!!" :)
After I hung up from giving the dj all our information, I was reminded of something. At Goodwill a while back I found the book The Prayer of Jabez for Kids so we've been reading it before we start school. Yesterday the end of Chapter 2 was talking about asking God for blessing and gave a little challenge to do so. The author teaches that it's not about begging for things or being greedy, but about simply asking God to bless you with the things He wants to bless you with and that He's just waiting for us to ask. So I asked the girls, "Should we try that challenge?" and they thought we should. ;) We said the prayer together and decided we would try to remember to pray it every day at dinner.
We haven't been to Incredible Pizza in quite a while and they have been wanting to go again. And like I said, we've been trying to call in and win for months. :) On our way over, after I realized what happened, I reminded the girls about our reading yesterday and saying that prayer together. In the middle of my explaining everything (I had to get Kev up to speed on it all..lol), I heard Em say quietly, "Ooohh yeah, I think I know what's happening." LOL!!! They thought it was pretty cool that God did this special thing for them! :)
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What an awesome blessing!!!
Post a Comment