Our day yesterday went fairly well. They were pretty bummed when I kept them working most of the morning. In the morning, when we do things together (devotion, history, science, latin, read aloud), every time we finished something I'd hear, "Are we done now?"
Today was a bit slower. I woke up this morning with a headache that got worse as the morning went on. When I get those I have a hard time focusing and thinking. So I took some Aleve and laid down for about 15 minutes. Didn't help. Finally about an hour after taking the stuff it started fading away. It really sucks because my headaches never go away with otc meds. I usually have to sleep it off. Not something you can do during the day.
But we got things done and I didn't hear the "Are we done now?" comments today.
I am waiting on their Critical Thinking books, I need to make some copies (I could do it at home but it would be SO much quicker at Office Depot) and I need to get the older girls each notebook for journaling/creative writing. Once I have that all together then I can get things better organized. I have put together a "Busy Work" binder for them. It will have Critical Thinking, logic puzzles (they LOVE these!!!!!), word searches (I'm making them up with their spelling words), shapes activities (I have a few others besides this one...I don't remember where I got them but they are really cool), and fancy coloring pages.
Tomorrow will be an off day since I am (finally) getting my hair done and have prenatals to attend. They will just take things they can do independently.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment