Almost Friday!
School has been going well. The girls worked on their history lapbook today. And the Critical Thinking books arrived this evening. When I get groceries on Sunday I'll let them pick out a notebook for journal/creative writing and next week we can start that more diligently.
I'm not sure how we'll do the Critical Thinking. They are huge books and I don't want to make copies. I think I'll try the page protector/wipe off (or overhead) marker trick. I'm anxious for the girls to start it though, I think it will be really good for them. They are absolutely loving the logic puzzles!
I've been busy working on some material for a meeting Tuesday evening. I help lead the South Tulsa Children's Health and Wellness group. The leader wants to put together packets for the Mamas and asked me to help do some handouts. I had a couple already done up from stuff in the past which helps. But I needed to do one for Midwifery, Natural Birth, Breastfeeding, and Babywearing. I'm almost done with the breastfeeding ones and then I should be done (unless she wants me to add anything else).
Saturday is turning out to be a busy day! We had one homevisit scheduled and then another Mama needed to reschedule her homevisit. Today someone set up an interview so we'll go do that before the homevisits. :)
I'm starting to get so excited for these births coming up! We had a couple prenatal visits yesterday, the Mamas who are due in March. I was running late because of a (much needed) hair appointment so I caught the end of the first one. At the next one I got to do most of the visit. I did the palpating and was trying to figure out how baby girl was laying. I found her head and thought it felt a bit to the left. It also didn't feel smooth but like there was something to the right. When the midwife checked to confirm the position she said, "...her head is a little to the side." Then I asked if maybe she had a hand up next to her head, she felt again and said she thought it was. :)
And now that it's twenty 'til ten, I think I will call it a day and go veg in front of the TV. I was going to work on my dining room curtains but I think my brain is done figuring things out for today.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment