I would like you all to meet Quinoa.
What is Quinoa you ask?
Let me tell you. A couple of weeks ago we had a client who had it down on her weekly food diary (the clients don't have to keep one every week, they just do it once). Then not long after some ladies on a message board I am on were talking about it.
So I got some.
We tried it tonight and I have to say it is pretty yummy.
Here's a little about Quinoa. First let's learn how to pronounce it. All together now: KEEN-WAH.
Quinoa is a whole grain (gluten free) and is the seed of a plant similar to spinich or swiss chard. It is a complete protein, meaning it has all nine amino acids. It's also full of Vitamin B2, magnesium, iron, copper, and phosphorous. You can buy it at Wild Oats/Whole Foods.
Some links about quinoa for your viewing pleasure:
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=142
http://www.quinoa-recipes.com/Quinoa_Pages/What_Is_Quinoa.html
Tonight we had Quinoa Pudding - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-Pudding/Detail.aspx
Other recipes I'd like to try:
Quinoa and Black Beans - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-and-Black-Beans/Detail.aspx
Quinoa Pilaf - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-Pilaf/Detail.aspx
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment