Monday, November 26, 2007

I took him to the vet on Friday because he had stopped eating. We suspected his teeth but they looked great. She did say he was very dehydrated and gave him IV fluids (which by the way is very interesting when done to a cat!). And she drew blood. I called in this morning to check on the results.

Basically we just wait.

I asked her if there were signs to watch for that would tell us he's suffering and it's time to put him to sleep. She said if he completely stops eating (one meal a day is enough she said) and/or if he is vomiting. And not knowing where exactly he is with the disease, there's no way to say how long that will be.

Honestly, I've had a feeling that he had this. He's been loosing weight over the last few months. At least a third of his body weight. Something in me kept saying that it was something serious...possibly lukemia. So it's not really a shock but it still sucks.

2 comments:

Tina in WA said...

So sorry to hear about your kitty. ~Tina

Peculiar Blogs said...

I am so sorry......