On my way to the doctor. My leg is better today but still looking a little swollen in that one spot and quite bruised. I'm sure it's just a bruise but I'd still like to know why the sudden onset of pain and swelling.
Denise - Oh, I totally agree that we are all created differently and have different beliefs. No beefs there. As one who goes against mainstream thought on quite a few issues, I'm glad we are all created differently and are allowed to live outside the box.
And I don't care if someone reads those books...my beef with the books and the teachings is that they are out there and some people are following them and in turn harming their children. I really don't care if someone wants to follow the marriage advice (and I'll admit, I do agree with some of her teaching but at the same time, it's just basic Biblical "be ye kind to one another" type stuff...not something I need Mrs Pearl to teach me) but when that advice could bring harm to a woman (emotionally or physically) because she thinks it is her fault her husband is cheating or beating her and even worse, if harm is coming to her children and she stands by her husband...that's where my beef stands. I also advocate picking and choosing what works for you..but not everyone does that. Especially when you have a very vunerable young wife/mother who is seeking for anything out there that will help and thinks that this book (whatever it might be...there are others I could discuss that fit this category) is her answer.
Ok. Rant over. For now. lol
I better leave for this appointment or I'll be late.....
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh rant away! I totally 100% agree with you. Like I said, I took what I wanted out of the marriage book and threw out the rest. I didn't happen to like his parenting book at all. I'm not into beating my children. Assigning more chores, yes, hitting no way.
Post a Comment