Monday, August 27, 2007

And now....the pictures some of you have been waiting for.


These were my beautiful roses from my husband. And I say "were" because they are now wilted. Anyway, he got me ten roses. Nine red and one white.



Ten years ago this is what we were doing on August 15th.
(Apologies for the horrible quality...these are pictures of pictures.)









And TEN years later......




And this one is for Wendy because she wanted to see the entire outfit. ;)



So there ya go. I guess I promised to blog more about our trip didn't I?

We left here Friday afternoon and made it to Springfield around 5pm. We stopped there for dinner at Red Robin because we had a coupon for a free hamburger (I'm all about cheap food when eating out!!!). The waitress was quite entertaining as she couldn't pronounce "monterey jack cheese" and didn't know what a Coors Light was. To the beer order she responded, "Coorr...is that a drink??" I was surprised when I saw her bringing it to the table as I figured she was too young to serve alcohol. And might I add here that I haven't liked any other beers I've tried and figured I wasn't much of a beer drinker. But I could get used to Coors Light! :p It was pretty darn good!

Anyway....we drove from there to Big Cedar and got checked in. The room we had was SO nice! It was basically a 1-bedroom apartment. We had a full kitchen, washer/dryer, living area, balcony, separate bedroom, whirlpool tub, and another separate bathroom area with toilet and shower stall.

Wednesday we went into Branson to see an IMAX movie and go shopping. We got some lunch before heading to the outlet mall. I love that place. I wanted something from the Mikasa store but nothing jumped out at me. Which stinks because the guy working there said they are closing down all the Mikasa retail stores by the end of the year. We did little bit of shopping there but I could have done more. ;) We saw the movie and then headed back to our room to change for dinner. We drove back into Branson and ate at the Olive Garden. Then the next day learned about a cool new place (for those that haven't been to Branson that translates into "a place where there are not people riding ostriches or buildings shaped like ships and we would have been in the majority and not one of the youngest people in the building") called The Landing. We TOTALLY should have gone there. Especially now that I just looked up the link and see there is a Haagen Dazs ice cream shop there. STINK.

Thursday we sat through a two-hour presentation about buying our own vacation home. You must understand that we took this little trip on my in-laws "timeshare" (I put that in quotes because it doesn't work exactly like a timeshare). If we sat through the presentation then his parents got 50 points and we got $75 to spend on their property. Kev didn't really want to do it but I said we were because it meant a dinner we didn't have to pay for. ;) Again...I'm all about cheap food when eating out! That afternoon he took me canoeing which I had never done before and absolutely LOVED it! We went swimming, rested in our room, then went to dinner.

Friday we left and came home through Eureka Springs. We wanted to stop there because on our honeymoon I found a cute little wall shelf thing that is in our living room. So I wanted to find something for our house this year. And Kevan wanted fudge. I found a great little shop, Wilson & Wilson Folkart. I picked up a little wall plaque (really it's a piece of wood with words painted on it) that says, "Bless This Home With Love and Laughter". Perfect!! I also got a candle there that is absolutely fabulous!

And home we came.

And here we are. Back to the craziness that is our life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That sure sounds like a fun trip to me, Heather. :-)
~Kim B.