Friday, April 6, 2007

Friday!!!!

Kim ~ No, I didn't have my hmg checked before taking it. I just had many of the symptoms and can tell a difference after taking it. Most mensturating women can tend to be low on iron because of the monthly blood loss. Plus, I'm still nursing Matthew which can pull your iron stores. Another reason I take it is for the other vitamins and herbs. Floradix is made so that your body won't take excess amounts of the iron....so it's safe.

I will say I didn't notice much change in the dark circles with just the Floradix alone. While it can be an anemia issue, it could be from other things. Skin pigmentation, allergies, lack of water, lack of sleep, etc. In my case I think it was the lack of water. The other day I bought a 74oz jug at Walmart for my water (although I'm sure the plastic it's made from and that's leaking into the water is horrible for my body..LOL). I've done really good with drinking almost the entire jug each day and after doing that, I've noticed the circles are a bit better. Taking fish oil (I know one lady who swears by Udo's Oil) can also help them.

Kahri ~ I buy mine at Wild Oats. I need to spend some time online to see if I can find it cheaper.


And speaking of fish oil. If anyone is taking or thinking of taking that...something to consider (even if you are not pregnant):
If I were going to take fish oil supplements in pregnancy, I would only consider taking a Norwegian manufactured product, like Nordic Naturals, because the allowable levels of mercury and PCBs are 20,000 times lower in Norwegian oils than in those made in the US. The US ones measure mercury and PCB at the parts per billion level, the Norwegian ones are parts per trillion.


*********************************************
Still no baby. :) I'm reeeeeeeally hoping that it's tonight. Sunday morning...being Easter and all...will be crazy and I don't want to be and can't be away for a birth. Kev has to be at church before 7am and then I have to have the girls there at 10am. So it's not a Sunday we can miss.
Our Latin came the other day. :) Now I'm trying to scope out and find a good deal on History books.
Off to a nursing Mom's group here in a while. :) It's always a fun time with those ladies.

No comments: