Since 7:00 last night I have two new doula clients, one couple for childbirth classes starting on the 5th, and two couples for childbirth classes in April!!
I feel guilty for feeling or saying it, but I am enjoying this new phase in my life of pursuing my dream. Of course growing a family and homeschooling is also a huge dream of mine. But to have a professional dream/goal is really nice.
Is it bad for a Homeschooling Mom to say that?
I taught my first childbirth class last night. :) It's a private class for a homebirth couple. I think we got along pretty well. The midwife was going to discuss with them later on about having me doula for them. But when I was talking about my experience and mentioned I'm working with this midwife now, they asked if that meant I would be there for the birth. I told them that the midwife was going to mention it to them eventually but that yes, I can be but it's entirely up to them. They looked at each other and agreed that they are fine with me being there since we know each other and they are familiar with me (and vice versa). So...yay...another doula client!
I got ahold of a lady that called me last week inquiring about childbirth classes. I hadn't heard back from her so I called this morning. They are interested and will be starting on the 5th. :) If no one else signs up we'll do private classes.
THEN I found out this morning that a friend of mine is expecting!!!! She told me before she got pregnant that she wanted me to be her doula. I'm SO happy for her!! So she'll be taking my classes along with her best friend who is expecting. Their classes won't be until April though.
All that good news and then I screwed up paying a bill. I transfered a credit card balance to a 0% interest card. Dumb me forgot it was due on the 13th, not the 17th or after like the other second half of the month bills are. GRRRRRRR So I paid it then called to see if they would have mercy on me and remove the late fee. No such luck. Apparently you have to have the account open for six months before they decide to bestow that mercy on you. So in addition I lost the 0% promotion. GRRRRRRRRRR I called the other company back and found out the % rate is less than what it will be with the new company since I screwed up. So I'm switching it BACK again. I know it probably looks horrible on my credit report but I don't care at this point. Lower % means I can (ever so s-l-o-w-l-y) pay off more of the balance than with the other. And that's what is important right now.
Today we're off to T.'s house. :) The girls are anxious to play with her girls. And some adult interaction will be lovely as well!!!!! LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment